Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Early Health-IT startup in Ann Arbor, Michigan is seeking a full stack engineer/developer to join our development team in Ann Arbor. The engineer will play a key role in scaling and feature expansion of a web-based platform used in translational and clinical trials research. At Ripple Science, we aim to accelerate life science research by transforming how research teams approach the recruitment and management of research participants.
Expectations: Work directly with the company's lead engineer, CEO, CTO, and founders to improve and expand an existing React - Node.js application. Attend daily standups with the development team. Work in bi-weekly sprints. Interact with sales, marketing, and support, all working together to exceed customer and user expectations. We need developers in the local South East Michigan region to be integrated, full-time, with our team. Competitive salary, options, and benefits package, including medical, 401K, flex time, and opportunity to earn company equity.
- You have advanced computer science skills, including a shareable project of a full-stack application.
- You have backend experience, preferably with complex data sets with many custom attributes.
- You are a deep thinker who sees the big picture and love to solve the hard problems.
- You are end-user driven and focus on the use case first and tech second.
- You thrive working in the fast, scrappy, lean, startup world without fancy project managers and layers of decision makers. We take calculated risks.
- You are effective in visualizing when existing code needs refactoring working with the team to identify the appropriate time to do it, or not.
- You design and write clean, easy-to-understand code that is testable.
- You have a habit of writing tests each time you work on a feature or fix a bug.
- You code for scalability.
- You adapt rapidly to new stacks and are comfortable with hosted cloud services.
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- 401K match
- Flex time
- Paid vacations
- Opportunity to earn company equity